Monday, February 22, 2010

By Joe Cocker involved in local



http://www.thethickyogamat.com


Dusseldorf - What would have happened if Joja Wendt (44) carved on that evening in 1991, not in the hamburger restaurant scene "Sperl" in the piano keys, and "I've Got My Mojo Working" by Muddy Waters would have played? It certainly would have discovered another. At this moment, but it was Joe Cocker ...
"I played every evening in the pub. Cocker continued to stand back and drank beer. After the song he came up to me and hired me on the spot for his opening act, which happened to be defaulted. "And so, Wendt played a day later in front of thousands of people in the Alsterdorfer Gymnasium before the concert by Joe Cocker! Not only that, he went with him on tour.
It was followed by other international stars, which divided the son of a singing teacher and brother of eight siblings to the stage: Fats Domino, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Angus Young ... Today Wendt is one of the most famous pianists in the world. And he has found someone: Roger Cicero!
Last year, Wendt went on a world tour. Always with the baggage: his Steinway. "The was specially made for me. With pressure cylinders in the legs. How can dance my piano ... "On 31 October, he proves that the Diisseldorfers. Then Wendt (guest appearances on Saturday will double the WDR-TV show "Who knows the hits?") With his program "The 88 Keys to the World" in the Music Hall.
"I play many different pieces to tell stories about my travels," says Wendt, whose message is: "Playing the piano is fun!" Especially in the Tonhalle. "A sensational atmosphere and those sympathetic to Düsseldorf. This will be a highlight of my trip! "